[gps-talkusers] Re: GPS receivers for sighties

  • From: Michael May <mikemay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:17:46 -0700

One of the nice things about the Nuvi is that it uses a speech synthesizer to
announce the names of the streets it is prompting you to turn on. Most of the
other commercial GPS systems don't do that. They just ell you to exit now. They
don't say on what street to exit because that street is displayed on the screen.

The other major benefit is its routing and recalculating functionality. It is
the best I have seen.

What we havn't tried yet is the optional traffic module.