[gps-talkusers] Re: GPS and new BN version

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 20:25:50 -0700

Peggy,

We are pretty confident about getting the GPS working on the BrailleNote PK
and on the regular BrailleNote with Keysoft 6.1. The latter is an easier
task than the PK.

As I said in my last post, these products have been announced but they
won't be available for a while, plenty of time for us to get GPS working
with them. PDI is completely supportive of having GPS on these products and
we definitely want to see all our neat features and more on any new
"BrailleNote versions.

For Wendy's edification, the BrailleNote PK is the talk of the summer
shows. It is a state of the art, small PDA, which is running Keysoft. It is
an 18-cell unit with all the wireless bells and whistles. PDI says in their
press release that it will be out in the 4th quarter.

Our BrailleNotes will not be left in the wake either as a major Keysoft 6
revision is slated to bring our current units into the wireless age too.
One benefit will be that your Earthmate receiver can plug straight into a
USB port or USB adapter and there will be no need for the battery/serial
cradle.

We'll keep bringing you more and more benefits to location information.

>I tried to send this earlier this afternoon, but haven't seen it, so am
>trying again.
>
>I know there are still questions and issues about gps with the BrailleNote
>PK, but I'm wondering if Sendero has been involved in any testing of GPS on
>the regular BrailleNote with the upgraded Windows CE and the version 6 of
>Keysoft.  I've already ordered GPS 3, and want to upgrade my BN when the
>time comes, but I don't want to upgrade only to find out that GPS won't
>work.  Of course since the BN upgrade isn't out yet, it might be too soon
>to worry about that, but I just hope Sendero gets to try GPS with the
>upgraded bn before it's released, so we can have a definite yes or no
>answer before deciding whether or not to order.  Again, I'm talking about
>the regular bn with the upgrade, not the pk.
>
>Peggy
>

>mailto:kernsac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>http://www.home.earthlink.net/~kernsac
>MSN Messenger kernsac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

Developers and distributors of BrailleNote GPS
Now distributing BrailleNote, VoiceNote, Miniguide, The Tissot Silen-T
tactile watch and the ID Mate, bar code reader

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

(530) 757-6800, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
1118 Maple Lane, Davis, CA 95616-1723, USA

Latitude, 38 33 9.239 North
Longitude, 121 45 40.145 West