[gps-talkusers] Re: Discrimination Is Not Acceptable!

  • From: "Richard Myers" <dkmyers28@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:08:11 +0900

Hello, Jerry,
Yes, I am sure that the brewery was extremely concerned over your phoned threat. Did you tell them your name and phone number so they can tell you when they have closed the tour out of fear of reprisal from a few blind people? It would be nice if they did. However, once they think about the loss of PR, they might decide to counterfile suit against you for harassment. Let's just sue everybody and have everybody sue us, and then we all will be living in sewage. If it hadn't been for Sendero making GPS for the VI possible then Uncle Mike scheduling that tour, all this would never have happened. Therefore, the Chipward Brewery of Fine Malt Liquors is bound to file a Class Action suit against Sendero, Uncle Mike, and several guide dog schools.

May as well give all your money to your lawyer, he is going to get it anyway.

Dick

(8):[(8)

From: "Jerry Hogan" <jerryhogan5@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Reply-To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [gps-talkusers] Re: Discrimination Is Not Acceptable! Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 21:47:20 -0500

Richard I call the brewery today and told them in a nice way that this problem they have created for them self may result in legal action and lot of negative advertisement for them self, they said that they are considering closing the tour and consulting there attorney and the health department regarding letting guide dog in there brewery due to making the beer, and I told them that I will help spreading the word out to all blind people out there and that there are a lot of us. Jerry
----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Myers" <dkmyers28@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Hyde, David W." <david.hyde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gps-talkusers] Re: FW: [TSE-Chat] Fw: [doggie-den] Fw: Please Show That Discrimination Is Not Acceptable!
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:40:56 -0500

I don't know Maine law, but there is probably something on the books
requiring dog guides and their users be admitted to all public places.
This would include the brewery.  Those who were denied access should
file the complaint, not Seeing eye, or Sendero Group.  Neither Seeing
Eye, nor Sendero were discriminated against, so probably do not have
standing to file on your behalf.  Talk with the attorney general there,
a f file either individually or as a group.

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.11.3/107 - Release Date: 9/20/2005