[gps-talkusers] Chat site and training

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GPS-talkusers-freelists.org" <GPS-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:44:53 -0800

Still not a lot of atendees on the weekly chat session. Thanks to Carl for
keeping this available.

However, I tried today for the first time a GPS training via Skype. This is
a fully duplex on-line communication system, which is free. It is very good
quality. You need at least XP and broad band service on your computer to
use Skype.

Two students met at the Cabrillo College disabled students office and we
connected via Skype. They both had headsets on with microphones and I did
as well. We could hear each other's BrailleNotes. I spent two hours showing
them the basics of the GPS just as I would in person and without the 4 hour
trip each way it would take to have done this in person.

Sendero offers 2 to 3 hours of free training to those who purchase both the
BrailleNote or VoiceNote and GPS directly from Sendero. Skype is one
inexpensive and convenient way  of doing training. We use it all the time
with the development team and hope to use it more for trainings.

For more information and the free download, go to http://www.skype.com

Mike

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

Developers and distributors of BrailleNote GPS
Distributing BrailleNote, VoiceNote, Miniguide, The Tissot Silen-T tactile
watch, Talks cell phone software and the ID Mate, bar code reader

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

(1-888-757-6810, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
1118 Maple Lane, Davis, CA 95616-1723, USA

Latitude, 38 33 9.239 North
Longitude, 121 45 40.145 West