[gps-talkusers] Braille displays

  • From: "Richard Myers" <dkmyers28@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 12:48:37 +0900

Hello, Roger,
Now you are talking! Braille displays do not lie. However, let us not be so quick to assume someone without a Braille display also lacks good sense. The last I heard was that a decent Braille display cost over 3 thousand dollars, which I think is horrible. Also, if you have a Braille display, you also must still have JAWS to drive the display. Not all rehab centers are going to get Braille displays for people just because they say to have a Braille display is good sense. Not all people can just dig into their pockets and buy Braille displays. Not all people know Braille, and a few of them have great difficulty learning it.

Finding the middle ground in the midst of chaos

Dick Myers

(8):[(8)

From: "Roger D. Petersen" <petersen@xxxxxxxxx> Reply-To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [gps-talkusers] Re: Signatures Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 17:44:46 -0700

I must just point out here that I do not agree that everyone with good sense turns off punctuation. Perhaps it would be equivalent for me to say that everyone with good sense has a braille display.

Roger

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.10.19/93 - Release Date: 9/8/05