[gps-talkusers] Re: Braille Note VS. Laptop Maps

  • From: Charles La Pierre <lapierre@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 07:10:58 -0700

That will just tell you when Sendero created the poi files, the data itself
is unfortunately older than that.

The poi files you all currently have is over 3 years old, the poi files you
will be getting in version 3.0 is about 1 1/2 - 2 years old, best we can do
at this time.

The problem is licensing the POI data.  Companies unfortunately want BIG
$$$ for their POI data.  And since restaurants change hands faster than a
person changes shorts this is a very daunting task!  Sendero has been
working extremely hard to negotiate reasonable pricing to get the latest
POI data from multiple companies.  There is a LOT of red tape and this is
very difficult to accomplish.

Charles.

Charles M. La Pierre CTO
Sendero Group, LLC