[gps-talkusers] Re: Are useful travel directions available on line?

  • From: "Steve" <drum67-72@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:49:35 -0400

Stuart,

I think there is a way to do that.  But, it does bring up an interesting
service from GoogleMaps.

http://maps.google.com/?output=html&f=d

You can get driving or walking directions.  Here is an example output from
Google:

WalkingBeta
Walking directions are in beta.
Use caution - This route may be missing sidewalks or pedestrian paths.

Get reverse directions

201 N Division St
Spokane, WA 99202

Remove this destination

Walk:

4.5 mi - about 1 hour 31 mins

Table with 4 columns and 6 rows
1.
Head north on N Division St toward W Spokane Falls Blvd

0.3 mi
2.
Continue on N Ruby St

1.5 mi