[gps-talkusers] Re: Another suggestion for future upgrades

  • From: "Martin, Terry" <voila@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 16:59:05 -0400

Greetings All:

I haven't submitted any requests to this list, I just monitor it.  However,
I'd like to say that your ideas are exciting.  This is a great exchange of
ideas.  Keep up the great work.  I would like very much to get into GPS.  I
was selling Sendero's system for a while until I started changing the focus
of my company.  I'd like to get back into it again in hopes of carrying
around a smaller system.  When I was selling it, I was carrying around a
10-pound notebook, a Metrobook.  When the BrailleNote came out with GPS on
it, that was getting closer to what I wanted to carry around.  Ideally, I'd
love to have a standard, off-the-shelf accessible PDA with a fold-up
external keyboard from Targus.  I'd like to have Sendero's GPS system on it
and be fully accessible with speech.  The PDA and fold up keyboard could fit
in a sports coat pocket.

Mike, have you thought about putting your system on a commercial PDA and
making it very price competitive?  I'm thinking that a good PDA is around
$250 to $300.  The cost of an external keyboard the last time I looked (a
while ago) was around $99.  Then the cost of the GPS software and hardware.
I'm not sure what that is, but maybe you could get the system priced around
$900 to $1100.

Whoever came up with the idea about linking the GPS to the different city
bus systems is a cool idea, really cool.  Thumbs up on that one.  Take care
and keep the exchange going.  Have a nice rest of the weekend.

Terry A. Martin
VOILA Technology, Inc.  -- President
54 Castle Road
Rochester, NY 14623
Phone:  (585) 321-1451 *** NEW AREA CODE IS 585 ***
FAX:  (585) 321-1451