[gps-talkusers] Re: Announcing the release of Sendero GPS, 2012

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 06:23:40 -0400

If you are running windows under a virtual machine on the mac it will work. It will not work on OSX.

On 7/1/2012 11:26 PM, Sarai Bucciarelli wrote:
Hi:
Sounds awesome. I have a Mac. Does the software work on a Mac?
On Jul 1, 2012, at 10:15 PM, Charles LaPierre wrote:

Hello everyone,

Once you install the 2012 version of Sendero Maps on your PC and use the Check for Updates Feature
(F3) if there are updates available they will show up automatically, otherwise you can switch
between Updates Only or Show all Files.  When you change to Show all files it will show you all
install packages which you have access to depending on the account you are logged in with.  If you
have multiple accounts say you have an Apex and your spouse owns an Sense Nav, you can also select
the button “Add New Account” and enter another account as long as you also have the
password for this other account (and they also are upgraded to 2012), then the system can show you
that account’s install packages available as well.  In addition to install packages you can
also select which maps/commercial POIs as well as GTFS POIs and the user generated collective POIs
you wish to download.  Also after you have download these POIs in the future when you go and check
for updates if anything has
  changed which you previously have downloaded these updates will show up
automatically for you to download.  One other nice feature of using Sendero
maps to download the maps and POIs is that all downloads are checked for
download errors which hopefully will reduce corrupt files.  The system will try
three times before giving up if a download is corrupt.

You can then sync to either device and the system will transfer all user
POIs/Favorites and the license key specific to the account chosen.  You will
then have the option to sync which user generated POIs and maps you wish to
transfer to the device.

Sendero Maps is now the main hub that everyone should use to sync maps, pois,
favorites and license keys to make things a seamless as possible and keep all
devices you own current with the latest data.

I hope you all enjoy this release it has been a pleasure working on it and I
would like to thank the team of testers and support staff who have made this
release possible.  I especially would like to thank Chris Grabowski who truly
did an outstanding job and put up with my constant bombardment of questions and
pre alphas.  We had an amazing beta team and I would like to single out a few
of the outstanding contributors: Kate Stephens,  Courtney Tater, John Ramm,
Ilona Welleman, Robert Sweetman and all the rest of the beta team.
Congratulations to you all this is as much our release is it is as yours.

Sincerely,

Charles LaPierre, CTO Sendero Group
Developers of accessible GPS and distributors of technology for the blind

Office Phone: 888-757-6810
Email: Charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sendero web: http://www.senderogroup.com
General GPS Web: http://www.AccessibleGPS.com

Roseville, California, July 1, 2012

This Sendero GPS 2012 release for the BrailleNote and Sense products is
Sendero’s sixteenth version since the laptop GPS version was first released in
2000. It has been 19 years since the founders of Sendero began working on the first
GPS prototypes. This release includes software improvements for Sendero Maps for the
PC as well as for the BrailleNote and Sense GPS versions as well as updated maps for
these products and for Mobile Geo.

Our goal at Sendero is to provide a navigational product that levels the
playing field when it comes to getting around independently.  Notable features
include the ability to:

        • Virtually explore the maps even before you head out the door
        • Personalize your world by recording your own Points of Interest
        • Share Points of Interest with other users, much like the popular
mainstream applications such as Google Maps and Freebase
        • Use the enhanced features of Sendero Maps for the PC to sync all your
data between the PC and your portable device.

Thanks to continued funding from NIDRR, we have been able to refine and develop
Sendero GPS and maps products so that they provide a wide range of features
available on multiple platforms.  Seewww.wayfinding.org for more details on our
NIDRR funded projects.

Existing Sendero GPS customers can learn all the details about new features by
going to:http://senderogroup.com/products/GPS/v2012changes.htm
Sense Navigation customers can go to:
http://senderogroup.com/support/SenseNav/Sense%20Navigation%20Changes.htm

For those of you who already have a current SMA on your product, your upgrade
is eagerly awaiting you at http://www.GoSendero.com.

For those who would like to try v2012 before you buy, download the Trial
Version for your BrailleNote. You will have access to all countries we
currently support for the 30 days, after which you can purchase a full version,
opt for the Pay-As-You-Go payment plan, or uninstall the 30 day trial version
and re-install your old version of Sendero GPS. To purchase, call Sendero toll
free, 1-888-757-6810

"unsubscribe" in the Subject.

--

Email: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sendero web: http://www.senderogroup.com

General GPS Web: http://www.AccessibleGPS.com

Sendero Address: 1857 Glenmark Way, Roseville, CA 95747

Sendero Group Distributors and developers of Sendero GPS for 7 platforms, BrailleNote, BrailleSense, Pac Mate, Windows PC, iPhone, Android and Mobile Geo for Windows phones. Also, distributing Trekker Breeze, Victor Stream, Mobile Speak, Miniguide and ID Mate.

"unsubscribe" in the Subject.