[gps-talkusers] Re: A small but possibly important GPS coup.

  • From: Christopher Bartlett <bridgeweaver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:31:06 -0800

All I did was to start the find an address procedure with chord-s, choose Oakland, hit enter when prompted for an address number, enter I-580 for the street, choose I-580wb from the list. When I was asked whether or not to use the nearest address (which it gave as 0) I did, rather than go through the list of cross streets. Then I set this as a destination, calculated my vehicular route and off we went. I forget which ramp it chose, but the driver was surprised and pleased as it was quite nearby and he'd thought he had to go all the way back up Shattuck to Ashby, the way we'd come.

        Christopher Bartlett