[gps-talkusers] Re: A neat experience with the gps:

  • From: "Les Kriegler" <kriegler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:42:05 -0500

Hi Mary Ellen,

Yes, you're right; we've come a long way, both developers and users alike.
We went on a car trip last Sunday to take our son to New York City.  It was
a 3 hour trip, and I used the mPower with 3.3 and the Holux receiver.  I
think my family enjoyed the GPS almost as much as I did.  I was able to
track the entire trip, getting 7 to 9 satellites virtually the entire time.
And this was with the receivers sitting in my coat pocket.  Just for kicks,
I took it out and placed it on the dashboard, the signal seemed to be the
same.  I love using GPS and with a wireless receiver, maintaining
acquisition  is really improved now.

Les