[gpodder-devel] impressions after first use

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 00:19:09 +0200

Hello, Tim!

On Sun, 2007-05-27 at 16:34 +0200, Tim Michelsen wrote:
> I tried to change the default download directory ~/gpodder-downloads
> to /media/share/podcasts on a vfat drive.

If moving the download folder doesn't work for you, it might be related
to not having enough space left on the destination device or some other
permissions problem. You can always move the folder manually:

1. Close gPodder
2. Move the download directory to the new destination
3. Change the "download_dir" setting in ~/.config/gpodder/gpodder.conf
4. Restart gPodder

gPodder should now use the new download directory location.

> * How do I import a local OPML file with my Podcast list from my web
> aggregator?

Enter the web location of your OPML file in the preferences dialog and
click on "Podcasts" -> "Channel list" -> "Import from web". Then, add
the channels you want to add to your gPodder channel list.

> * Is it possible to auto-purge/delete old podcasts after some time?
> many newsreaders and a podcatcher called juicereceiver have that. I
> find it useful for keeping the hard disk automatically clean.

Currently not, but this item is on the TODO list, which means it will
get into gPodder when somebody finds the time to implement this feature.
I don't have the time to implement this feature currently, and I am also
not totally sure how to best implement this feature so that it will be
easy to use without having to configure many things.

Combined with this feature is also a "delete locally-deleted podcasts on
the iPod/MP3 player" feature wishlist item, which would also help in
keeping the portable player clean.

Thanks for your feedback,