[gpodder-devel] gPodder Trouble

  • From: me at nikosapi.org (nikosapi)
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 21:01:08 -0400

On June 4, 2008 14:28:40 TEST wrote:
> For about a day, whenever I try to open gPodder it either flashes open
> and then closes right away or it opens and when I try to click on
> something the window goes black. I have not done anything unusual when
> this happened. I am using Ubuntu 8.04 and have been for the last month.
> I have noticed other issues with the OS but this is new. Can anyone help
> me with this. gPodder is the only on podcast client that works with my
> Dell DJ Ditty. So Until I get my iRiver e100 I am stuck.
>
> Thanks ahead of time!
>
> Xpistos

Hello Xpistos!

Could you start gPodder from the command line and copy/paste the output?
Run it like so: gpodder --verbose

Or since it sounds like a DB issue, you could try the following:

cd ~/.config/gpodder
mkdir db_backup
mv *.db db_backup/

This will force gPodder to rebuild it's feed info caches which should sort out
the problem. You can restore the old cache files if necessary with this:

cd ~/.config/gpodder
mv db_backup/* .
rmdir db_backup

Hope this helps,