[gpodder] Re: gPodder 3.1.2: N9/N950, Windows, Ubuntu PPA packages now available

  • From: Thomas Perl <th.perl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Eric Le Lay <elelay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 12:16:33 +0200

Hi Eric,

2012/6/8 Eric Le Lay <elelay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Le Fri, 08 Jun 2012 14:52:02 +0200,
> Thomas Perl <th.perl@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>> As you can see at http://gpodder.org/downloads, I've also moved the
>> MacPorts entry and the Gentoo package to the bottom of the page into a
>> new "Outdated / unmaintained" category. If you want to help get newer
>> versions into these distros (or if you want to package it for another
>> distro), please get in touch :)
>
> I'm still maintaining gPodder in Macports, but I'm waiting for device
> sync to upgrade to gPodder 3.
>
> Do you think that also linking to
> https://github.com/elelay/gpoder-osx-bundle/downloads would be fair ?

That's perfect - I actually think that your bundle approach is much
more end user friendly than the MacPorts approach, so I've now changed
the OS X link on the Downloads page to your bundle (and also updated
the download page update script to look for new versions on that
Github page).

Awesome that we now have a "proper" .app bundle that's being kept up
to date. That will make a lot of Mac users happy :)