[gpodder-devel] gPodder 0.9.0 preparations: Please translate and test!

  • From: nikosapi at gmail.com (nikosapi)
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:17:22 -0500

Hello!
I was looking over gPodder today and it looks pretty darn good. I have two
small things I noticed that could be changed:
1) Add a timeout to the wget command, like -T 10 in case a feed is down then
the max you have to wait is 30 sec (see the wget man page).
2) For some odd reason on my FC6 box I still can't see the download speed, I
just get "unknown". I looked at libwget but I can't see a problem.
Here's a sample wget output from my FC6 box:
21% [====>                      ] 5,067,240   95.5K/s  eta 1m 51s
And here's one from my Ubuntu box:
34% [=======>                ] 8,019,516    277.87K/s    ETA 01:19

Hope someone can make sense of this,