[gpodder-devel] gPodder 0.9.0 preparations: Please translate and test!

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 14:52:16 +0100

Hello Alain,

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 11:58:09 +0100 Alain TAUCH wrote:
> Here is the updated translation, plus a little patch related.

Thanks, applied against svn trunk.

> I don't have much time these days, so maybe you'd like to
> investigate these points:
> - when adding an invalid channel (and detected as is) we
>   are still asked for the download of the 3 last episodes.
>   Of course we have a nice traceback if we accept.

I've tracked down the problem and error handling for not-well-formed
RSS feeds (or not-at-all-RSS-feed URLs) should be improved now. The
ill-formed channels are skipped when being added, and the question if
the user wants to download the recent episodes is only shown when a new
channel has been added. As a side effect, I've re-factored some things
in rssReader and opmlReader (basically removed static members), so
the code for these classes is more sane now ;)

> - I had an old channel which as no more episodes associated
>   with it, and cannot remove it. It may just be related to my
>   channel cache, but this may be real bug too ;-)
>
> I hadn't time to play around with the "same name" stuff nor with
> the synchronization folder, but I'll try to do it this week end.

Don't know about these two bugs - maybe you can explain the problem in
a bit more detail (if you're not going to try to patch it yourself), so
I can have a look as time permits?