[gpodder] Re: Question: Changing default Download Folder

  • From: Thomas Perl <th.perl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 15:53:30 +0200

Hi Xavier,

2012/5/28 Xavier Guillot <Valeryan_24@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> But when I run Gpodder after this, it does not apply the new settings, it
> still goes to /home/gPodder

It could be that when you start gPodder (via some menu icon I assume?)
that it won't read your ~/.bashrc. The easiest way would be to just
create a symlink (using ln -s /path/to/your/real/directory/ ~/gPodder)
and be done with it. If you want to avoid having a "gPodder" symlink
in your $HOME, make sure that the environment variable is available to
your whole session (by putting it into /etc/environment or
/etc/profile I assume?).

HTH :)
Thomas