[gpodder-devel] New Podcast "Tin Foil Hat" & the Shownotes

  • From: thp at gpodder.org (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 01:17:48 +0200

Hi, Bernd!

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:24:48PM +0200, Bernd wrote:
> If you are interested you could find my script on github. I would like
> to hear your suggestions and improvements. Of course you could fork the
> project and adapt it to your needs.
> http://github.com/brot/gPodder-TinFoilHat-shownotes

Great work :) I wonder if you could also utilize the "hooks"
functionality from recent versions of gPodder for this? The advantage
would be that you could access the episode object directly without
having to open the database from another process and can stay in Python
land throughout the process. There's already an "on episode save" hook,
but if you need another one, please tell me, and I'll be glad to add it.

Also, should we add this script as example script into the source tree
at doc/dev/ for interested users, so it's easier to find?