[gpodder-devel] Finnish translation of gPodder

  • From: thp at gpodder.org (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 05:15:50 -0700

Ville-Pekka Vainio wrote:
> Here's a Finnish translation of gPodder. I sent this translation to
> Thomas already, but then I read from the wiki that it should be sent to
> the mailing list as well. Included should be the desktop file too, I
> forgot to send that to Thomas.

Thanks, I've added the translation to the Git development version :)

Counting the .po files, we now have 12 translations, which means that
gPodder is available in 13 languages (=12 translations + English). I'll
hope to support our translators a bit more in the future and coordinate
the effort to getting up-to-date translations and an easier workflow for
updating and submitting translations.

Also, I know that some of the strings in gPodder are not very clear or
could be formulated in a better way. If you find these during
translation
or during use, please point them out, so we can fix them. Even if this
means that the translators have to re-translate the string, users will
have an easier time to use and understand gPodder with correct,
to-the-point
strings and messages.