[govinfo] Reminder -- sign-on letter

  • From: "Patrice McDermott" <pmcdermott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "FOI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <FOI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <fen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "govinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <govinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "opengovpartners@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opengovpartners@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:57:31 -0500

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is the deadline for signing on to the letter opposing a
proposed amendment to the espionage statutes sponsored by Senator Kyl.  It
would criminalize dissemination of broad swathes of information concerning
counterterrorism programs in the United States.  There have been no hearings or
debates on this dangerous proposal.

I hope your organizations will be interested in signing on to this letter.  Let
me know  pmcdermott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx by noon EST Tuesday February 27.  The
letter will be transmitted to key members of the Senate Judiciary Committee
mid-week next week. The Committee will consider the amendment on Thursday.

I have moved the time forward to receive sign-ons. Please let me know if you
think you will be later than noon tomorrow.

Thanks.

Patrice McDermott, Executive Director
OpenTheGovernment.org
202-332-OPEN (6736)