[govinfo] Fw: White House Open Government Update (6/10/09)

  • From: "Patrice McDermott" <pmcdermott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FOI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, govinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, opengovernmentdirective@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 20:30:51 -0400

The final Transparency   posting for Phase II of the open government
consultation - "Transparency: Access   to Information" - now awaits your
comments at http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Transparency-Access-to-Information/.
  We greatly look forward to your feedback on the issues addressed therein -
the   Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and OMB Circular A-130 on "Management
of   Information Resources."  ...  For those of you not familiar with A-130,
here is the link: http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/circulars/a130/a130.html . It
is sort of the Ur document of governmentwide information policy.

More below.  This is, as noted, the ending of the transparency segment of Phase
II.

Patrice McDermott, Director
OpenTheGovernment.org
1742 Connecticut Ave NW, 3rd floor