[goodfeel] Re: question from a brand-new Goodfeel user

  • From: Greg Daniel <gdaniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 05:57:16 -0400

James,

Your familiarity with Duxbury will be of great help to me, although I do have experience using the translator for other Braille translation.  Thanks for your note.

Greg
At 04:49 AM 10/5/2011, you wrote:

Greg,

Welcome to the list and Goodfeel which I'm sure will become an
irreplaceable tool in your trade like it has for so many others.

I am fortunate to have Duxbury Braille translator here too and find it
very helpful to  use this as my default Braille editor for Goodfeel
which allows me to edit the score, add my own notes and do my own
formatting.
Of course Goodfeel can format very well according to various national
preferences but I find this gives me some more flexibility.

As far as learning music goes, I like reading and listening at the same
time once I have learnt the piece. If I've learnt it properly, I sing
perfectly with the Lime midi player. If I am still slightly hazy, I find
I am following a split second after the midi player.

All the best on your exciting journey.

Cheers, James