[goodfeel] Re: midi sounds

  • From: "Dancing Dots" <billlist1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 09:36:03 -0400

Hi, Mike,

Sorry I could not reply sooner.  I am traveling a lot these days.  On my way
to CSUN now.

Yes, you are correct.  Lime has a sequencer but it currently only records
one part at a time.  If you compose on the fly, as I myself often do, SONAR
is a better environment for that kind of writing.

You can export from SONAR to a MIDI file and then import that MIDI file into
Lime.  However, Lime's MIDI import is not simple enough.  I have asked
Lime's developer to improve but so far, no change.

Meanwhile, it would be really helpful if the people from cakewalk would
allow OSNRA to export to MusicXML.  Lime's MusicXML import feature is far
simpler and better than its MIDI import.

Regards,
Bill

Bill McCann
www.DancingDots.com