[goodfeel] Re: Sample Lime File with Melody, Chord Symbols, and Bass Line [was: Blanks to be Filled In]

  • From: "Bill" <billlist1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'This is for discussing music and braille literacy'" <menvi-discuss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 17:30:18 -0400

Hi, Dani, and All,

I'm copying my reply to our GOODFEEL users list as I'm sure it will be of
interest to many subscribers to that list too.

Go to:

www.dancingdots.com/samples/MelodyWithChordSymbolsVoicingsAndBassLine.lim

and download.  If you have any trouble accessing the file using the link
above, please write me off-list using my info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx address and I
will E-mail the file as an attachment to you off-list.

I entered the melody of Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star on the top staff.  I
added a few chord symbols to the first few measures.

Staves 2 and 3 comprise a grand staff for piano.  On staff 2 (Piano
right-hand), I voiced out the first 2 chord symbols of C-Major and E-Minor.

On staff 3, the bass/left-hand part, I entered a few bass notes in the first
2 measures.

Show the file to your teacher and ask if this layout is what he/she is
looking for.  Ask the teacher if it is crucial to print the chord symbols
above the melody line on the top staff or could they be shown below the
staff.  In the example file, the chord symbols are shown above the melody.
That practice seems to be how most printed publications format such pieces.
Lime can be made to show the chord symbols above.  It's just one more step
for us to do.

To braille this piece as a three-line score:

From Lime: File | Launch GOODFEEL.

GOODFEEL will open automatically in the Report tab.

Press CONTROL+TAB to move to the Format tab.

Tab to the checkbox that says "Braille all parts together" and press space
to check.

Press ALT+P to Process.

Regards,
Bill