[goodfeel] Procedures for Music Analysis Symbols

  • From: "Paper Music" <data@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "This is for discussing music and braille literacy" <menvi-discuss@xxxxxxxxx>, <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <braillem@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:15:16 -0700

Friends,
    I am searching for text entry procedures for music transcription software
that would allow the blind user to mark already existent music files with
analysis symbols and text for grading by their sighted instructors. I wrote a
small Lime cheat-sheet for one friend, but I hate to develop the full
procedures if they're already out there.
    The kinds of things I'm looking for are procedures for attaching figure
bass symbols, stacking Roman numerals, producing flats, sharps, dimished and
augmented symbols, chord symbols, scale degrees (numbers with carets), etc., in
Lime and Sibelius alike, so that they're as visually similar to standard print
music.
    Thanks for your help!
Andy English
www.papermusic.org
Music transcription and consultation services for the blind and visually
impaired.
Let great B to B marketing solutions propel your brand to new heights! Click
now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/fc/BLSrjpYZXsmzYw0uXTpnmNDFsApYayIvpqJwiYwKQUVOF86deRqJotHEiFS/