[goodfeel] Re: Intervals

  • From: Bill McCann <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 20:34:01 +0000

Actually, in North America, the standard in braille music transcription is not
to show the clef signs.  But in most other places around the world, it is
customary to show the clef sign at the start of the piece and to show it again
later if it should change.  In cases where the transcriber thinks there might
be some confusion about interval direction, it is a good idea to include a
brief note at the beginning of the braille score that says something like: "All
intervals in this piece read up."