[goodfeel] Re: Intervals

  • From: Bill McCann <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 16:25:19 +0000

Hi, James,

Always make sure that you give each part in Lime a traditional name like
"Violin" or "Flute."  That is, it is never a good practice to pass a Lime file
to GOODFEEL with a part name like "Part_1".

If you are transcribing your Lime file to "Score" format, GOODFEEL overrides
the setting for interval direction and brailles all intervals from the lower
note up.  That's because that is the rule in the 1997 manual.  If you braille
the parts separately, you can set the intervals as you see fit.  Hope that
explains what's happening and that it does not overcomplicate your
transcription assignment.

Bill