[goodfeel] Re: Goodfeel 3.1 crashing

  • From: Chris Smart <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 11:42:40 -0500

Hi Albert. Ok, what I did actually was get a friend to load the midi file into his preferred sequencing application and just break it up into 200-bar chunks. I've then loaded those ten files into Lime and Goodfeel separately.

I doubt you'd encounter a midi file quite so large very often, but I might be wrong.

Chris

At 09:40 AM 2/2/2009, you wrote:

Hi,

We have a fix for GOODFEEL crashing with MIDI files larger than 65k bytes but it still needs to be tested and isn't officially released.

The best answer is probably to import the file into Sibelius and then export it as a music XML file but you need to have Sibelius and the Dolet plug-in.

Chris, please post this to midimag; I'm not signed up to it.

Thanks,
Albert

-- Chris Smart <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi folks. I'm getting the following error when trying to open a
midi file in GoodFeel 3.1.
GOODFEEL

Access violation at address 004D4DF7 in module 'gf.exe'. Write of
address 01A84000.

I would open it in Lime 9 to see what's happening, but on Lime's
import menu, the midi option is greyed out.

Can someone try opening the file on their end? It's only 120K in
size and would attach easily to an email.
Chris

** or send a message, to ** goodfeel-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq