[goodfeel] Adding Parts to a Lime File and Importing MusicXML Created with Sibelius

  • From: "William R. McCann" <BillList1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 10:17:18 -0400

Here are some more questions and answers for Lime users, sighted or blind:

> 1. How do I write separate voices if I want to make a 4 voices tune in
Lime?

Use File | New to start a new file with a "First Part in Piece is a single
Staff".  You can name it "Soprano" if you like.

After you press OK for that dialog, press ALT+V, V and tab to the "New Part"
button.  You can call that "Alto" and repeat the process to add tenor and
bass.

> 2.If I write a part in Sibelius and want to import it into Lime, which
file type must I choose when I save?

Best way is to obtain the Dolet for Sibelius 3 plug-in from
www.recordare.com so that you can create a MusicXML file.  Once you have
exported to MusicXML, run Lime and then ALT+F, I, X to import MusicXML.

Accept all import defaults.  Sometimes Lime insists that you enter a value
for number of measures per staff.  Ideally, add the same number which
Sibelius used or, if you do not know that value, enter 4 or 6 or any
reasonable value.  If your goal is to transcribe the notation into braille,
it makes little  difference how the print page is laid out.

Regards,
Bill