[gnulab-mesce] Re: [MES-FSF] MESCE wants its students to be slaves?! :'(

  • From: "raghesh a" <raghesh.a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mes-fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 13:10:12 +0530

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 6:12 AM, ശ്യാം കാരനാട്ട് | shyam karanattu <
aeshyamae@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hai,
>
> As I am writing this, I am very sad that our college,which was a Model for
> other colleges,with all its computers successfully running in gnu systems is
> taking a looong step backward by initiating a campus programme with m$
> Yesturday, cse block had the poster(without the sign from officials)
> offering mail ids as yourname@xxxxxxxxxx with windows logos in it..
> Now as i visit mesce.info, the slavery for us has just started..
> It does the primary verification of slavery by requiring students to enter
> their slavery id(windows live id) just to be signed in to the college site..
>
> How nicely they says us to share and collaborate when they themselves sells
> software which directly affects social solidarity!
> This is  a very sad Move from the part of MESCE and we are starting a
> *strong* campaign against this...
> We are yet to have the information officially about the exact agreement
> mesce has signed with m$, if its about a campus agreement as described in
> the following link , http://www.microsoft.com/Education/CA3Overview.mspx
> thats far too dangerous, other than the campus leading the students to be
> slaves, it may require all our computers to be upgraded to something which
> is used in graphics workstations and all..as it requires the packages to be
> upgraded to vista and we see the official support for windows xp to be over
> by next year..

They have already stopped  selling XP.  So we will be using an operating
system which is more dump (Vista) if our college agree with the deal, which
I think is dangerous than the Indo-US Nuclear Deal !!!!!!. So lets work
together and protest against it.

Regards,
Raghesh