[gnulab-mesce] Fwd: [ssug-malappuram] Fwd: [Ilugc] Fedora 9 (Sulphur) Released

  • From: "ശ്യാം കാരനാട്ട് | shyam karanattu" <aeshyamae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mes-fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "GNU Lab @ MESCE" <gnulab-mesce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 08:45:43 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Praveen A <pravi.a@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, May 14, 2008 at 8:38 AM
Subject: [ssug-malappuram] Fwd: [Ilugc] Fedora 9 (Sulphur) Released
To: Malappuram SSUG <ssug-malappuram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2008/5/13
Subject: [Ilugc] Fedora 9 (Sulphur) Released
ILUG-C <ilugc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 Get It:

 Official Announcement:

 Press Release:

 Few words from the current Fedora Project Leader, Paul W. Frields:

 What's New?

 Some of the major changes include:

 * PackageKit - Distribution neutral package management framework
 * KDE 4, GNOME 2.22
 * Persistent Live USB support
 * Partition resizing and encryption support in the installer
 * Preupgrade option for in-place upgrade from previous releases
 * FreeIPA - Identity, Policy and Authentication integration for sysads
 * OpenJDK6, Sun Java under free and open source license
 * Ext4 support (experimental)
 * Firefox 3 (beta 5)
 * Linux kernel 2.6.25

 A couple of initial reviews:

 Fedora 9 - an OS that even the Linux challenged can love

 First impressions of Fedora 9 with KDE 4

 Have fun!

<password> <address>"
 in the subject or body of the message.

പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍