[gnulab-mesce] Fwd: [MES-FSF] Re: Programme Proposal: Training for Trainers in Malayalam Language Computing- SMC forming trainers group in support of malayalam computing campaiign

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ശ്യാം കാരനാട്ട് | shyam karanattu <aeshyamae@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: [MES-FSF] Re: Programme Proposal: Training for Trainers in
To: mes-fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2008/8/17 jinesh kj <jinesh.k@xxxxxxxxx>

> hi Jasir,
>
> Anyone can come up with a program. SMC program started so quick just
> because we had good contact with SMC and they needed some people to work for
> them.
>
> cheers
>
> Jinesh K J
>
> On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 11:50 PM, jasir a <ajasir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> interesting news .But i think it is also better to have other free
>> software programs along with this Malyalam computing.
>>
>> jasir
>>
> Hi Jasir,
Now this is good that now we have a good group of interested people. There
is a lottt we can do together. A few of tries that we have already made are
listed here
http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Malappuram/MESCE/FSF/GNU_LAB
Now if you are interested in any particular subject, Just come forward,
Other than the things listed in that page there can be many more things that
we can do
I actually dont want to limit the possibilities by listing a few but just to
share you i can say of the below projects with a scope to do more in
particular.
1)Phoenix Group - We actually have atleast half a dozen of people who have
tried their hands in phoenix. So Its high time that we can join together and
hack. With the great help of Raju Sir and Raghesh sir in IT, we have some
students at IT dept taking up project in Phoenix.
Now phoenix team has announced a designing contest see pramode sir's blog on
the topic here
http://pramode.net/2008/07/17/the-phoenix-experiment-design-contest-announced/
and phoenix box's home page here
http://www.nsc.res.in/~elab/phoenix/<http://www.nsc.res.in/%7Eelab/phoenix/>
If you are interested, We can team up and fight for a win.
2)GIS group, this is related to building maps for our locality. Thats a
great news that ill explain it in a special mail.

3)Speech Group- I dont know how many will be interested, But this group can
do projects on text to speech and speech to text systems. A few friends have
said that they are interested, If some are there, I can easily take an
introductory section on this next week, as part of our gnus grazing
programme.

4) and much much more..... The above were very few suggestions that i can
see at this moment from the exposure i got. You can look for more and chase
your dreams to come up with something different. We can make it big
together.

Happy hacking
Shyam K