[gnulab-mesce] Fwd: [MES-FSF] Hackerdom - Free-software being celeberated among common man

  • From: "ശ്യാം കാരനാട്ട് | shyam karanattu" <aeshyamae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GNU Lab @ MESCE" <gnulab-mesce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 18:51:46 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ശ്യാം കാരനാട്ട് | shyam karanattu <aeshyamae@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 6:51 PM
Subject: Re: [MES-FSF] Hackerdom - Free-software being celeberated among
common man
To: mes-fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 6:45 PM, മഹേഷ് മുകുന്ദന് | Mahesh M <
maheshmukundan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hackerdom is simply a venue for the hackers ofthe world to unite and
> interact and invite the public to participate. The booming Free and
> Open Source awareness in India is something we are proud of. The Free
> and Open Source usage and the public participation is highly
> encouraging in Kerala. A hands-on approach from the hackers to
> spreading public awareness is what we aim at.
> We focus not on the shallow goal of popularity but of the more path of
> leading people to freedom. We do not aim at just showing off all our
> cool software, we aim at showing people how using those software and
> the freedom it ensures has empowered us and how it can empower them
> too.
> Event is conducted by free software users group thrissur ( hand in
> hand with Gov Engg College, thrissur).
> Theme :
>        Users + Devlopers = Community
>        Welcome a User; return a hacker .
> For more details visit:
> http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/hackerdom
This thing is in pipeline, We should look forward to help get this become
Unni and praveen ji was talking about this for a while now. It seems he is
proceeding it in a nice way..
What about MESCE sponsoring such an event?
Unni is in search of sponsors now;-)

Happy Hacking
Shyam K