[gnulab-mesce] Re: Draft notice of gnus grazing-

  • From: "ശ്യാം കാരനാട്ട് | shyam karanattu" <aeshyamae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mes-fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "GNU Lab @ MESCE" <gnulab-mesce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 01:21:08 +0530

Sorry to be late,that i was busy with mini project. Here is a  draft notice
for the programme,we are planning to do. Its yet not complete,thought of
making it in sections.

Gnus Grazing

1.  Introduction to FSF
The Free Software Foundation (FSF) is a 501(c)3 donor supported charity
founded in 1985 and based in Boston, MA, USA. The FSF has a worldwide
mission to promote computer user freedom and to defend the rights of all
free software users. FSF remains as the leading institution spreading the
value of Freedom in the domain of Software. At the dawn of digital era, we
saw the exploding progress of technologies especially information
technology, enabling services in almost all facets of human activities. We
are witnessing it,be it as computerizations to every offices, automations to
even local factories and so on. IT is having such an impact that the human
culture itself has taken a new shape adapting to the new avenues provided by
IT.  But what we see these days is that the technology providers(rather
corporates) are redefining the ethics itself in the light of new avenues put
forwarded by digital technology.Thus it becomes unethical to share the
knowledge,contrary to the VERY VERY basic fact that humans differ from other
animals as they can learn from other's experience,i.e. they can share the
knowledge!. FSF  is one of the pioneering institution hinting about these
problems siting the software example. They continues to fight and has won to
build up a new continent in the cyber space based on Free Software ,with
sharing and co-operation as the basic watch words of the fellow inhabitants

2. GNU Lab of MESCE
We at GNU Lab upholds the values of Freedom with focus to Free software and
its Philosophy. We have GNU Lab to inculcate culture of sharing and
co-operation and there by creating the collaborative development atmosphere
inside the campus.
Provide mission, objectives and mode of operation
"..GNU Lab is an academic collective based on the principles of Free
Software. GNU Lab offers a platform for students to gain practical
experience by doing socially relevant community projects. Towards that
aim,we are starting the seminar series, that students get ideas about
the opportunities they have..."

3. Suggestions
FSF chapter and GNU Lab of MESCE are starting a new programme a series
of seminars or discussions over various computing topics and other
socially relevant topics related to Information Technology. The
program is scheduled without affecting the class hours from 4:45pm to
5:45pm. Seminars are focused to cover small tips about various
subjects across branches with a free software perspective. Aim is to
inculcate collaborative development atmosphere inside the campus and
enabling students to enhance their career skills by sharing each
other. All interested students and teachers are requested to join this
new initiative and take part in the seminars and enjoy sharing the

4. Solicit amendments/corrections
Opinions on the matters printed above are sought from members.

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 1:42 PM, CK Raju, Thrissur <ck.thrissur@xxxxxxxxx>