[gnukhata-devel] Re: [gnukhata-users] Re: Unable to post

  • From: Krishnakant <krmane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gnukhata-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 12:59:32 +0530

On Sunday 12 March 2017 12:39 PM, Ramnarayan.K wrote:

Hi

So i installed the latest version via the online installer in a Linux Mint 18.1 OS machine, This version worksa fine and I have managed to get my data here.

However on another machine running Linux Mint 18 I had the older version of gnukhata.

after running the updater I found that i could not post any entries. Then i ran the uninstaller and reinstalled the new version from the online installer - now gnukhata redirects to localhost with a messagre "unable to connect"

After this i uninstalled gnukhata (using the uninstaller) and found every reference to gnukhata and deleted that (/usr/share /proc/foo etc. I also uninstalled docker.) After this I ran the online installer - which showed everything successful but gnukhata still reverts to localhost "unable to connect"

Luckily had transferred my data to the other machine so not issues with data.

Any advice
Hi Ram,
thanks a million for your bug report.
This is not a problem with GNUKhata per say.
This is some issue with the shell script that runs after docker has done setting up things.
The data is kept in data volumes in a docker based setup.
There is a script in the installer which takes care of these volumes and sees to it that they remain consistant.
Abhijith, our project manager is in charge of the installer.
He has been in Kerala for a major GNUKhata promotion.
The government there has taken decision to totally replace Tally or other such programs with GNUKhata for accounting.
They also have decided to include it in commerce education.
During his visit, he has met a few deb packagers who will be taking up work on GNUKhata packaging on a war footing.
Mean while he is coming today so will ask him to resolve this and upload a new installer.
As it is we are doing a major release (version 4) by end of this month.
I will make an announcement to that extent soon.
This is another reason why GNUKhata manual is progressing slower than expected. The features have become more than what used to be in the past and we have to make manuals for the current version as well as for the up coming major version.
So we will fix this issue in coming couple days or so.
Thanks again for the report.
We surely wish to come to the north as well to promote GNUKhata and free software.
Hope we will meet soon and can do some thing together about this.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.