[gnucchi] Re: Cmap Alternativa a freemind

  • From: "marco cassisa" <marco.cassisa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gnucchi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:41:02 +0200

Per chi utilizza una linux 64 bit potrebbe essere utile questa esperienza,
condensata in uno scambio di mail tra il sottoscritto e un qualche sig.
Cmap:

Hello Marco,

We do not have a version for 64-bit Linux. Given that the install was
successful you should be able to do the following to get the program work.
The problem is that the Java packaged with the Linux version is for 32-bit
Linux.

===
1.Install the JRE (Java Runtime Libraries) 1.50 for your computer(64-bit
Linux). The JRE needs to be this version to insure compatibility.
2.Copy the install directory of the JRE into the "jre" folder in the
CmapServer's install Directory.
===

You may also have Beryl, Compiz, etc running.We have had others contact us
about Beryl compatibility, but there is not much that we can do about
compatibility with the Beryl desktop manager and CmapTools because CmapTools
runs on Java. You can either disable these window managers or experiment by
installing a new version of Java. If you decide to install a newer version
of Java follow the above directions with the desired version.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please tell me if this helps.

Hi Erik,
thank you very much for your support!
It really helped! What I did was in fact to follow point 2: copy the jre
directory, but from sun-java-6 (I already have so many java-flavours on my
ubuntu, that before to install one more I decided to try that one, even if
you suggested 1.5) and it worked. just for information, iced tea don't work.
please note also that i have compiz-fusion (a little bit of delightment for
my child-side, be patient) installed, but it seems not to be a problem.
java can really be cross platform, but it seems not to be cross-version....

salumi a tutti

//marco cassisa