[glideplan_swproj] Re: state borders visualisation

  • From: Ales Zita <ala.zita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: glideplan_swproj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 17:11:12 +0100

Hi

My understanding was that it's the vector data drawing that makes the
but i can imagine that you either have to access all the relevant
resolution tiles (or create them), which would be slow or you have to have
the elevation data to draw it correctly- slow as well. Last possible way of
drawing the vector data I can think of is to draw the data onto an very
large (worldwide) image layer with apropriate resolution (imho slow).
You have to draw one very complicated textured polygon after all.(I
mean the earth)
Am I missing something here ?

But if I do and it is not the case, then I agree as well.
Creating our own vector drawing tool would be the best way to draw on the
surface.

A.