[glideplan_swproj] state borders visualisation

  • From: Mária Vámošová <maria.vamosova@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: glideplan_swproj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 12:35:28 +0100

I merged the state borders visualisation into the master.
That includes updating also the UpdraftDependencies libraries, which
are now on our data server. We switched to the latest stable osgEarth
version: 2.1.1.
Also, now there is a special map layer group for maps: and it is
possible to switch the visualisation of map layers on/off.

But there are some issues:
1. State borders: the dataset that is now used is of very low quality.
I found a nicer one, but it takes really long to load on my computer -
but that can be caused by many reasons :) Therefore, could you please
try it out?
You switch between the datasets by commenting / uncommenting part of
the "initial.earth" file:

<!-- <url>state_borders_hq.shp</url> -->

You do not have to rebuild the project, the file is loaded at the
start of the program, so it's easy to try it out.

2. Switching on/off of the image and elevation layers: it is
incredibly slow. It looks like it's because of the downloading phase
of the process - switching on / off the visualisation of the state
borders works perfectly.
But I will work on this from now on, as a part of writing our own
maps: like the map colored by height, so I'm saying this just for
warning :)

Have a nice day everyone!