[glideplan_swproj] Re: Settings file format

  • From: Bohdan Maslowski <bohdan.maslowski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: glideplan_swproj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 18:55:14 +0100

What is Copy-read-update paradigm?

I think the simple solution is to load the settings into memory, and write
them back when the app exits or when settings dialog is closed.. If the
application crashes, changes to the settings will be lost, but I don't
think that is a big issue.

Regarding SQLite - I think it would be nice to have all user data in a
database, including imported layers, settings, history etc., but since we
are already using filesystem for half of the things, maybe i'd just stick
to xml...

Bohdan