[glideplan_swproj] Re: Settings file format

  • From: Cestmir Houska <czestmyr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: glideplan_swproj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 18:12:50 +0100

Another thought:

XML is not at all suitable for Copy-read-update paradigm, which will
most definitely be used with settings. Workaround could be to read the
data from XML at the start of the application and write them back when
the app quits. However, this does not work when the application
crashes in the middle of execution. What about resurrecting the idea
with SQLite? Qt seems to have built-in support for it. The only
disadvantage of using SQLite is that if the user totally screws his
settings up (like setting PI to 2.14) and the application fails to
load, there will be no way of restoring his settings (other than
deleting the whole settings database file).

Any thoughts?

Cestmir