[glideplan_swproj] OSG on Windows

  • From: Tomáš Zámečník <pulcik@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: glideplan_swproj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 22:33:28 +0100 (CET)

Hi All!

I started to be sceptical about OpenSceneGraph, but finally I managed to run &
debug Qt - OSG application on Windows!

When the one knows what to do, it appears to be quite simple.

I will create some cook book describing the steps leading to successfull
configuration.

The most important things were probably that I:
-completely abandoned MinGw and also Qt Creator - I used MS Visual Studio 2008
instead.
-used prebuilt debug libraries of OSG and it's dependencies (be careful, it
doesn't contain osgQt library - you must build it by yourselves...! )

It seems that Visual Studio is quite native for Windows programming and most
prebuilt binaries for anything are targeted to it.

Very useful is Qt MSVS add-in which implements Qt in the Visual Studio
IDE...you can build Qt apps, open *.pro files, run Qt designer etc. (One
problem about this is that the add-in doesn't work with Visual Studio Express
Edition)

The next steps, I'm going to do, are playing with OSG and trying to run & debug
some OSG Earth app.

Tom