[glideplan_swproj] Meeting plan

  • From: Tomáš Zámečník <pulcik@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: glideplan_swproj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 10:59:13 +0100 (CET)

Hi friends,
today we will discuss about project time line.
I'm going to present modified timeline on the meeting.
For consideration what is important and what is not,
I attach list of features promised in our official project proposal.
Please read it in detail once or two times - from now we will work according to
this list.
When we finish this work, we can continue with other tasks.

Features from proposal:

Terrain and Map Visualization
* Central point of the application is 2D / 3D map view.
* Additional data relevant to glider flying can be shown on the map, for
example airspace divisions, turn‑points or airfields.

Flight Planning
* The application allows the user to plan a flight in advance by selecting from
a set of turn‑points, which are pre‑declared or specified by the user.
* Flight plans can be saved to a file or loaded from it.

Flight Visualization
* Flight paths from on‑board GPS flight recorder can be visualized over the map
using different color schemes to illustrate ground speed, vertical speed, etc.
* Various flight statistics will be displayed in a plot.