[glideplan_swproj] Map rendering

  • From: Tomáš Zámečník <pulcik@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: glideplan_swproj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 21:18:14 +0100 (CET)

I thing, we should discuss the map rendering.

After all dificulties with libraries I am able to run both debug and release
applications also with map rendering.
But as far as I can remember others had also difficulties.
...Please report what is wrong with rendering on your machines or try to solve
it on your own and share your experience.
The code seems to be runnable so there may be problems with libraries (probably

Now I'm playing with the map view and it looks to me very nice. The downloading
is quite slow,
but it doesn't slow down the interaction (which is fluent).
There are two "features" which should be repaired some day (I opened issues for
1) From some level of detail the invalid gray tiles are loaded (see attached
2) Map cache seems to grow without any limitations (it consumes gigabytes on

I also attach the screenshot with marvelous Alps rendered by osgEarth in
Updraft :-)
...btw: on the screenshot the left pane and bottom pane are minimized (very
nice feature)