[ghrrbac-vtaa] Career Opportunities

  • From: "Alexis" <alexisd@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Alumni Hokies" <ghrrbac-vtaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 19:53:40 -0400

Greetings fellow Hokies,

I am a recent graduate of the College of Science and I am excited to become
apart of the Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council.  As a new
Alumnus I look forward to offering suggestions on ways to attract prospective
Hokies.

I was thrilled to learn that the GHRRBAC had set up a listserv as a way of
communicating to local Hokies.  Thus I would like to ask the assistance of any
members that are aware of job openings with their respective companies.  I have
a B.S. in Mathematics and have completed the first two years of the Engineering
Curriculum.  I have posted my resume on several recruiting websites including
monster.com, usajobs.opm.gov in addition to VT's eRecruiting.  I would like to
work in a technical field, such as for a governmental agency or with science,
research & statistics.  However, I am having trouble locating work, even
entry-level positions, because of my lack of work experience.  I would like to
stay in the Hampton Roads area if possible and I would even be interested in
completing an internship or other temporary work in order to receive
professional work experience.  I have attached my resume and would appreciate
any assistance that is offered.

Sincerely,

Alexis Davis

B.S. Mathematics