[ghrrbac-vtaa] 4th Annual Student Send-Off Party for Entering VA Tech African-American Students

  • From: "Michael A. Chapman" <Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ghrrbac-vtaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council - VTAA)
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 23:55:44 -0400

Fellow Alumni - Are You Going to Represent?

 We Need Lane Sponsors for the Student Send-Off,
And Time is Running Out!

Please show your support for these new VT Hokies by sponsoring a bowling lane. Represent your major, family name, fraternity/sorority, or anything you choose!

Current Lanes being Sponsored:

Electrical Engineering & Chemistry
In Memory of Ernie Wilson
College of Architecture
Calvin Jamison
Chris Sessoms
Agape Church
The Trower Family
Dr. James D. Watkins
The Whitehurst Family
Engineering (2)

Don't Be Left Out.
 Sponsor a Lane and Represent!
The Deadline is August 2nd

VT Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council (GHRRBAC) of the VT Alumni Association

Date: Sunday, August 6, 2006
Time: 4:00 - 7:30 p.m.
Place: AMF-Western Branch Lanes, 3101 Lynnhurst Blvd., Chesapeake, VA 23321, 757-686-2695 (Located off I-664 at the intersection of Taylor Road and Pughsville Road)

Donation:       $7.00 each Alumni, family, and friends
                FREE  Current students & incoming VT freshman
                $50 Lane Sponsors

Contact: Adriane James '80; GHRRBAC President, <mailto:AdrianeBJames@xxxxxxx>AdrianeBJames@msn.<mailto:AdrianeBJames@xxxxxxx>com or (757) 857-7166 or 757/651-7691

Payment: Make checks payable to "Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council" or "GHRRBAC"

Mail to: Michael Chapman, GHRRBAC Treasurer, 107 Tanglewood Drive, Hampton, VA 23666; specify your lane sponsorship preference (i.e., Engineering, Chemistry, company name, family name, etc) -and/or- number of persons in your party. Mail check no later than Wednesday, August 2, 2006. Contact Mike Chapman at 757-827-9971 or 757-344-3908 or <mailto:Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx>Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx for registration information or questions.

RSVP: Deadline is Wednesday, August 2, 2006 (all funds are due at this time). Contact Adriane James after August 2 for information and registration.

The Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council invites you to a council meeting and 4th Annual Student Send-Off Social for black incoming and current students from the Greater Hampton Roads area. A brief council meeting will be held from 4:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. to update you on plans for the upcoming year. There will be a current and incoming student "meet and greet" with alumni following the meeting, before bowling and games. The complex has bowling, arcades, pool, and miniature golf.

RSVP by August 2 with total # of persons in your party, including # of current/new VT students. For information or to RSVP, contact Michael Chapman at 757/827-9971, 757/344-3908, or <mailto:Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx>Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxxx

Make checks payable to "Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council - VTAA" and mail by August 2 to:

        Michael Chapman
        107 Tanglewood Drive
        Hampton, VA 23666

In order to offer the event free to students, VT Alumni are asked to sponsor bowling lanes. Lanes are $50 per lane for six bowlers. Alumni with similar majors or professions are encouraged to join together and sponsor lanes (i.e. Chemistry Lane). Other sponsored lanes with the same creativity are encouraged (i.e. the Smith Family). Last year we had a host of alumni, current and incoming students with their families at the event. The bowling was fun, as well as competitive! Please come out and show your support to These new and returning VT students.

If you have questions after August 2, please contact Adriane James '80, GHRRBAC President, at AdrianeBJames@xxxxxxx, 757/857-7166 or 757/651-7691.

Directions:
Hampton/Newport News/Peninsula: Take I-664 S/Hampton Roads toward Downtown/Newport News/Suffolk. Cross the Monitor Merrimac Bridge Tunnel. Continue on I-664 S to Exit #10 Rt. 659/Pughsville Road. Turn left onto VA-659N/Pughsville Road. Make a left at traffic light onto Lynnhurst Boulevard (traffic light at the intersection of Taylor and Pughsville Roads).

Virginia Beach/Norfolk: Take I-664 N/Hampton Roads toward US-13/Bowers Hill/US-58/ Suffolk/US-460/Newport News to Exit #10 Rt. 659/Pughsville Road. On the exit ramp, bear right onto VA-659N/Pughsville Road. Make a left at traffic light onto Lynnhurst Boulevard (traffic light at the intersection of Taylor and Pughsville Roads).

We hope you will join us in welcoming our new Hokies!

VT -- VT -- VT -- VT -- VT -- VT -- VT -- VT

Michael A. Chapman, P.E.
Head, Data Acquisition & Data Quality, COD
NASA Langley Research Center
http://dadqt.larc.nasa.gov/  (LaRC domain only)

Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx
757-864-4687 (w)
757-864-4799 (f)
757-827-9971 (h)
"The Secret Of Your Future Is Hidden In Your Daily Routine"