[geoteach] Re: [geoteach] ðúåðéí ñèèéñèééíùì îãéðåú äòåìí

  • From: "Ofer Priell" <oferpriell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geoteach@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 22:12:26 +0200

One of the best resources (for researchers around the globe as well) is the
PRB (Population Reference Bureau) website at www.prb.org  It contains a lot
of information about the world population. click on "data by country" or on
the recomended "2005 world population data sheet" which you can go to
directly from here: http://www.prb.org/pdf05/05WorldDataSheet_Eng.pdf
For my research I converted this data sheet to an Excel file so if any of
you want it this way let me know and i'll send it to you. It is a great
source for students- they can examine a few variables (for example- Total
fertility rate- what's the maximum? what's the minimum and where?) or plot
different graphs- for example GNI per capita VS Energy use per capita or
Percent Urban VS Life Expectancy at birth. It's very simple to do on Excel.
Ofer

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:48:38 +0200, îùä çåèø wrote

------
WebMail: http://plutomail.huji.ac.il