[geogebra-translators] GeoGebra 3.1 properties update

  • From: "Markus Hohenwarter" <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GeoGebra Translators" <geogebra-translators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 12:38:17 +0200

Dear GeoGebra Translators,

1) Properties files for GeoGebra 3.1 pre-release
2) Bernadette goes, Judith comes

1) Properties files for GeoGebra 3.1 pre-release

The development of GeoGebra is rapidly continuing behind the scenes.
On our way to the next stable version (which will be GeoGebra 3.2) you
can already play with the latest pre-lease version (GeoGebra 3.1) in
"Future" on http://www.geogebra.org.

There are important changes in the properties file: our old structure
was not flexible for languages that have a different word order than
English. Michael Borcherds from Birmingham, UK, has done a great job
to improve this. With GeoGebra 3.1 we are now able to support
languages like Chinese much better. Although the properties files may
still change until GeoGebra 3.2 as we may add more features (like a
cool spreadsheet window), I would like to ask you to start working on
the changes of the properties in GeoGebra 3.1 pre-release already now.
This time we did not only add new elements, but also changed existing
elements and removed unnecessary parts.

We have put together all information on how to do the update at:

2) Bernadette goes, Judith comes

Bernadette has done a wonderful job coordinating all your translations
during the last years. Thank you very much for your great work and
support, Bernadette! Now that Bernadette is leaving the University of
Salzburg, my fiancee and colleague Judith will take over the
coordination of translations. Please send your updates and questions
to Judith (judith@xxxxxxxxxxxx) from now on.

Private note: Judith and I will get married on 7 June, so please be
patient if you don't get immediate feedback for your emails during the
next weeks. We won't take our computers on our honeymoon ;-)

Thank you again for all your support and enthusiasm! Together we have
already changed the world of mathed quite a bit. Let's continue to do