[geogebra-cas] GeoGebra CAS update

  • From: Markus Hohenwarter <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geogebra-cas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 16:07:05 -0500

Dear CAS friends,

this weekend I had very good discussions with some Austrian colleagues
about their ideas and wishes, as well as with Hans-Petter Ulven from
Norway. He is a talented GeoGebra developer who has done great work on
the latest regression commands for version 3.2 and also on the new
plugin system. Hans-Petter has joined our GeoGebraCAS efforts and will
work with Mike and me to design a nice user interface for the
GeoGebraCAS. We will continue to play with things during the next
weeks. My goal is to have a new alpha version out there by the end of
March that you can play with. Until the summer, I want to have a
useable pre-release so that interested teachers can start using the
GeoGebraCAS this fall in their classes.

I have reorganized the http://ggbdev.pbwiki.com/CAS-Interface page a
bit and also updated several sub-pages.
* http://ggbdev.pbwiki.com/CAS+Todo shows what Hans-Petter, Mike and I
plan to do next.
* http://ggbdev.pbwiki.com/MathPiper lets us collect ideas and bugs
concerning our powerful backend MathPiper, and CAS in general.
* http://ggbdev.pbwiki.com/GeoGebraCAS-Documentation shows the
currently implemented features of the GeoGebraCAS.

Thank you for your ideas, help and support. We'll keep you posted!
Markus

--
Markus Hohenwarter, PhD
Florida Center for Research in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

GeoGebra: www.geogebra.org
IGI: www.geogebra.org/IGI
CPALMS: www.cpalms.org