[geocentrism] Re: translational motion of the earth......

  • From: Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:57:57 -0800 (PST)

  JA,

  Just a little further...... You don?t have to be looking at any axis to see
the rotation on that axis. Thus as long as a observer take a photo of the stars
from a radial ordination to the axis in question..even if the observers angle
changes as in Paul?s diagram it will not affect the radial condition and thus
the rotation only the shape of the circles and that is what Nevile was getting
at in his post about wavy circles... Again you do not have to have the camera
in the same angle in order to record the radial orientation to an axis which is
rotation. You can change your angle to the nightly axis of rotation all year
around and get the same n-s right Ascension relationships you do every night
even at different angles.. Ja you are confusing the radial rotation with the
angle at which you observe that rotation....even in Paul?s diagram it would be
the same rotation only looking at it from a different angle.. either case
disproves HC..

  PS it was more then just "a point" i made....Check Mate!

Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    Ja,

  There a differnce in what we would see if the motion existed verse if it did
not exist......

j a <ja_777_aj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Allen,

  But he did show that adjusting the camera's angle to the annual pole was
needed to actually record the annual trail. I have been making some attempts at
drawing the same thing but haven't liked what I've done so far. Now I don't
have to, thanks Paul.

  Now you may have a point about where the camera is pointing after 6 months in
Pauls drawing, but you have not acknowledged that due to this motion the annual
ring you have been depicting cannot be recorded. It could be recorded if it
existed!  Ja, If you place your camera at 23.44o offset from polaris at
midnight that by definition is parallel to the ecliptic axis according to HC
..We would only be  looking for that axis  ..If you set this up every night
with the same camera. ( non fixed camera).... If the motions as per HC existed
the camera would have oreinted radialy by dfintion around that axis...and  the
stars would move out of their latitiudes for different reasons then the ones
you give.....However, in any case a fixed camera or not is irrelevant! .either
case disproves HC!..In a fixed camera yes for the reasons i just gave Paul that
would disprove HC...... but if you use a non fixed camera and adjust your
camera to the same postion every night 23.44o from polaris
 you will still not get star trails becasue that motion on that axis does not
exist! You say but ah that is becasue  you are using polaris as the guide post
but..... I will say ah but that guide post (polaris) never moves angularly
against the sky or ground and neither will the angle of your camera to the
ground :-) Polaris does not moves radially around that axis and since polaris
is so far away from the ecliptic axis of "rotation" if it existed then it would
be a star trail by polaris that is the size of what the cephus stars are now. I
f it were the difference in angle that the camera was facing over the course of
a year that would be most noticable you would have to change the angle of the
camera from either or both polaris or the ground but you do not! Thus there can
be no additional motion becasuse the camera (angle to ground) and angle of
camera to stars forms a strait line of sight the slightest deviation from that
line of sight would show up..............  ....You
 see i said the camera does not have to be fixed ( I said that for simplicity)
and it does not. I only used it for simplicity sake becuse of other
issues.....My point alalong has been that no matter which road you take in your
example a fixed camera or a camera that is adjusted everynight to offset 23.44
dgrees from polaris will lead you to the exact same conclustion...THE MOTION
DOES NOT EXIST!

  You have said to me that 24 hours later the camera is back at the same
lattitude because 24 hours equals one rotation. 24 hours by definion places the
observer in the same radial oreintaion it was the night before relitive to the
sun. HC does not even argue this...I even use Paul's own diagram to show
it!........ It is the sun not the stars that the ecliptic axis proceeds from.
It is that axis not the NCP that is in question. This fact the radial geometry
and postion of an observer every 24 hours is true even if HC's descriptions
were true.... Like Philip you are confusing the termonlogy/descriptions with
the Geomety.   .I as a GC would not use the same termonology/ descritption for
the cause of sidreal days. However, that issue is moot, because reagaurless of
why or how much the earth rotates on it's axis in 23h 56 min the geometry of 24
hours in relation to the axis we are looking for is not in question by GC or
HC.  In short sidreal days are irrelevant we know where
 the axis is and we know exactly when we are in a radial oreintaion to that
axis therefore there is no way to argue that we cannot record photographicaly a
"rotational conditon" over the course of a year, reagardless of any and all
other supposed motions.
  It does not, it equals 1 rotation plus a fraction of a rotation, therefore
the lattitude has changed each night. If it did not then 12 midnight would
happen in the middle of the day 6 months later.

  JA
Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Congratulations Paul !.

  Your diagram shows and just proved that if the earth did in fact go around
the sun according to HC then the fixed camera focused ~parallel to the ecliptic
(north or south) axis, over the course of six moths will be pointing in a
entirely different direction and thus looking a different stars in a different
ecliptic latitude of the celestial sphere in the sky ( not just different stars
on the same ecliptic latitude) A wopping 24 degrees in a different direction
altogether with entirly different stars ....NOW GO DO THAT AN SEE IF THAT EVER
HAPPENS IN REALITY........hint....IT DOES NOT!!! .........Paul, I knew you were
a closet geocentrist all the time.....:-)

Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Greetings interested parties!
  Comments in this colour
  From j a Wed Nov 14 20:45:30 2007
    What Paul is saying is the same thing I've been trying to get across. An
ally! When attempting to record an annual trail; as the camera moves to the
next photo op it also gets tilted by the rotation on the nightly axis. Tilting
the camera for the next photo alters where any particular star will fall on the
photo plate. Surley you must see how altering the camera angle while collecting
for a single trail (whether nightly or annual) would alter the trail?
  From j a Wed Nov 14 21:49:52 2007
    Didn't we determine that 23'56" was the proper time to record the annual
star trail and that at 24hours we would not record a star trail? NO 24 hours
exposures.. Sorry -- this time Allen got it right!
  From Allen Daves Wed Nov 14 23:43:00 2007
    I think I understand what you are getting at now..?...........Allen! Can I
truly stop trying now?

  Well I've got a picture for you all anyway. Please tell me if you don't
understand this.

  Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new Yahoo!7 Mail now.