[no subject]

Third attempt -- more to go.

Paul D

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, 20 December, 2007 1:22:01 PM
Subject: Re: Integrity in science

Allen D

I was wondering if you were well but this post indicates that you are. Can I then expect a response soon on the pre and post loss_of_primary sidereal period of the Moon in another thread?

I can always tell when you see yourself as not standing on firm ground.There is the urgent outpouring of words showing elevated lack of organisation of course, but more telling is the phraseology -- circular fallacies; without assuming it is true first; neither does even logic support; was made in the first place; I don’t have to show -- etc. And of course you laugh a lot more -- LOL = 7 in this post. I'll bet you don't play poker seriously.

I've inserted a few comments in this <colour>

Paul D

PS Would you, as a favour to us all, discipline your editor into retaining apostrophies and not substituting "’"?

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

"It's interesting how the proponents of all the odd ball theories seem to think it is just them against orthodoxy."

Paul, you talk as is HC was a proven fact <Oh? Where have I said that?> or that you had any facts external of just your faith <Now here I have commented. Once I became aware of the narrow value that you et al place on 'faith', I have been careful to avoid use of this word and I have explained several times why I follow this course.> in others interpretations of them that HC were true!?....LOL...... You can’t prove HC theory neither can Regner! If he could he would be more famous the Einstein or Hawking himself. ..In fact for every HC piece of evidence, that same "evidence" shows GC at face value. <I can't help wondering then, why you didn't list just five of them when asked a long time ago.> And as of yet you nor anyone else has given us a reason to interpret it other then "what you see is what you get", except that it could and it is more "modest".....LOL...That is objective criteria!!!?? LOL...your & Regner’s "modesty" <Oh? Where have I said that?> is a feeling not a scientific observation, certainly not objective data!..Give me break!.. Regner may not like it but at the end of the day "modesty" is the criteria that the most knowledgeable proponents of HC admit to for the only "proof" (correct interpretation of data) of HC.!?...and my theory (GC) it is NOT A THEORY just takes the facts as is...but you call a odd ball by interpreting facts with nothing more then just your imaginations and "modesty"!?.....LOL...You need to take a hard look at your self. <I do that each day while shaving. It is an efficient use of time.> You dont make any sense and neither do any of your arguments. <I understand your bias.> HC does not have the stamp of observation anywhere on it without reinterpreting observations <It is not necessary to reinterpret observations in order to determine the Moon's sidereal period -- WYSIWYG!> with imaginations and "modesty"? .....There is less actual evidence for HC then for GC. <Oh? One wonders why then that the list of five arguments in support of geocentrism from each supporter is even now unfilled.> There is no Evidence for HC whatsoever without first evoking a circular fallacies about how you think the kinematics of the universe work. <F = ma and all that follows convince me.> I find Regner’s comments about "humbleness" totaly humorous.

"* Calling humbleness apologetic is pretty weird.> > * On the other hand, it is probably a good idea for them to discredit> > humbleness, since insisting that we humans are the whole reason for> > this Universe, is decidedly not humble."

How does he define modesty and what objective criterial does he and Hawking use to make that opinion? Regner is right about one thing though, modesty is not apologetic but immodesty is, HC is not based on modesty it is based on getting rid of God...How does a non centered universe more modest!?

Regner gos on to say "But that is philosophy - let's get back to science, shall we?"

I say great! Regner you and Paul and everyone else in the HC camp stop supporting the use of your philosophical humbleness <see above> as an objective justification for why and how your interpretations of the facts are more objective then just taking them all at face value. but you cant do that if you did you would have no observation or experience to support your case. On the other hand if you do not stop doing that then it is you not GC folk who are using Philosophy and religion! This is particularly true when the only consistency in all of the is observations and experiments at face value all show the earth at the center motionless .....! This cannot be said of all the excuse for why the earth is not the center!?. ..except ......"it is more modest"....LOL

In fact it is not modest at all! The whole purpose was and is not science or based on objective data in observation or experience at all, but rather to explain everything naturally absent of God..<What is/are your source(s) for this statement? Not the observations which give rise to your presumption but knowledge of this purpose.>...Well if there is a God, I don’t see how he would see it as Modest at all...LOL..:-D. Since we have not been able to prove God does not exist to claim modesty as the champion of your cause is not only foolish, but quite arrogant. ( the exact opposite of Humbleness)..LOL..who you trying to kidd..yourself?...I dont buy it, and neither does even logic support your assertion!?

That is why the politics is not just important but everyt;hing when it comes to data that can have multiple interpritations. To say that is it not is a fairytale dreamland. To understand how a conclusion was reached that could have multiple possibilities/ interpretations you must understand what the criteria for the decision was made in the first place particularly when you took a conclusion that demands a model that is other then what you see or can prove!?. All is not just facts, if it were then you would have to accept a GC universe, it is the only conclusion you can draw from any and all available facts period. I don’t have to show any other facts then the ones HC purports to be HC proof, because they don’t even remotely show HC without assuming it is true first. ....................

Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Robert S

I truly despair when I read <From sungenis@xxxxxxx Wed Dec 19 14:05:43 2007> this thread, and similar. (See below).

Firstly, the paranoia. It seems to be the first shot fired by those who can't get their views accepted by honest workers in the fields in question. But worse, there is the flood of words which seem designed to attempt to smother the discoveries of the past 500(?) years. These discoveries are open to disproof by any who can demonstrate falsity. No one does, which leads to the possibility that no one can -- not because of ineptitude but because the disproof does not exist.

If, instead of the flood of words, we were to be treated to a series of simple, testable geocentric hypotheses equivalent to F = ma and those which flow from it, which lead to the inescapable conclusion that the Sun with all its mass circles the tiny Earth then you'd have a prayer. It would also help your case if you could explain how the enormous body of interlocking and mutually supporting knowledge of the physical functioning of the Solar System can be repeatedly demonstrated and yet be false.

However, I think the thing which bothers me most is resorting to Maxwell and quasars and alleged false proofs of relativity. This is taking a steam hammer to crack an egg. If the Sun circles the Earth you should be able to show it within the sphere encompassing the Solar System. My guess is that if the universe ended at the Oort Cloud, eff would still equal em-ae and the Earth would still circle the Sun.

I have two beautiful examples of how science triumphs. The first concerns Gregor J Mendel who first worked out the principles of inheritance (not money but genes). He was an Augustinian priest (a cloistered order I think - in any event he worked in isolation) who when he died, had his papers burned by his abbot because the abbot feared that this "knowledge", if widely available, would be a threat to the church. Today his work is recognised and respected because it has utility, ie -- it works.

The other is the disastrous effect of doctrinal domination of science, in this case the Soviet Union and its "Soviet theory of Genetics" (as though ideology could influence truth, ie -- what is). The man the Soviets chose to back was named Lysenko. After 50 years(?) of failure to demonstrate the truth of his claims, with the Soviet Union falling further and further behind in this matter and the matters upon which this false view of genetics bore, they had to reverse their position. His theory did not have utility, it didn't work.

The point I'm making is that science is about discovery -- it is not about invention. If you seek to disseminate the theory that in a gravity field the pan with 900g in it will sink and the pan with 1000 g in it will rise, you will forever be shown to be wrong.

Paul D

PS Almost missed this one. From your post below -

'...then the science establishment has no right to teach that heliocentrism is correct, much less been scientifically proven. Hence we should have a voice in academia today.'

Would you also give an equal voice to a flat Earth on four elephant's backs on a turtle's back in a really big puddle? The concave Earth? A flat circular Earth in the middle of a Tychonian system with the South Pole a really high wall of ice at the edge? And all the other alternatives? I'm sure the proponents of these alternative systems have explanations which they regard as at least as valid as geocentrism and that if you get representation then so should they.

It's interesting how the proponents of all the odd ball theories seem to think it is just them against orthodoxy.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

From sungenis@xxxxxxx Wed Dec 19 14:05:43 2007 Re:Integrity in science.

RT: So speculating on peoples motives is examining evidence? I don't really care about peoples motives, social status, gender, hair-colour, whether somebody has found a quote that can fit into their world-view, etc., etc...

RS: I wasn’t speculating. The quote tells us precisely what Hawking’s motivations are â€" to keep the earth out of the center of the universe, despite the fact that the cosmological evidence shows him that it best fits in the center, and that he has to concoct an alternate cosmology just so that he can keep the earth out of the center. And there are more quotes from Hawking that say the same thing. If you would read the book, you would see dozens of such motivations by today’s scientists to keep the earth out of the center, in spite of the evidence before them. The reason is simple. They know precisely what it means to have the earth in the center â€" it means that their whole career in science will be over and they are going to admit that science took a wrong turn 500 years ago. But today, a scientist can’t even express his doubt in evolution without losing his job. Can you imagine what academia would do if you, Regner Tem., said the earth was standing still in space? You’d be picking up your last paycheck. If you come to this discussion believing that one’s philosophy, his religion, his commitments to the establishment, his upbringing, etc., don’t effect how he views the evidence, then you’re not living in reality.

This is precisely why I gave you the Michelson-Morley experiment as my first piece of evidence, since we are told there are at least two ways to interpret the results. If one is trying to keep the earth moving, one will interpret M/M Einstein’s way (and Einstein said so, by his own admission, and you can read his words in GWW. His motivation was to keep the earth moving, even though the salient features of the experiment were suggesting that it was not be moving). If you want the earth to remain still, you will interpret the results another way. As a scientist, you know as well as I do that INTERPRETATION of the experimental results is the crux of the issue. And since interpretation is often a mixture of subjectivity and objectivity, then interpretations of experiments are always subject to scrutiny. What we are trying to say is (a) Einstein’s way of interpreting M/M not only avoids Occam’s razor, it is, for all intents and purposes, absurd; and (b) since a fixed earth is a valid, reasonable and scientifically supportable interpretation of M/M, then the science establishment has no right to teach that heliocentrism is correct, much less been scientifically proven. Hence we should have a voice in academia today. But the reason we aren’t allowed to have a voice is that there are many ideologues, like Hawking, Sagan, Gould, Davies, and hundreds of others, who simply don’t want the public to know what the alternative interpretations are. I’m not making this up, Regner. I have documented their motivations by their own printed words, and that is precisely why I spent four years gathering quotes of their "motivations" in GWW. There is no argument. They’ve told us what their agenda is, and I suspect you have the same agenda.
RT: I care about the physical evidence. I have seen a few excerpts of your books, but, as I have said before, I don't have time to read the thousands of pages. Since you wrote the book, you should be able to distill the key findings into a couple of challenges for me, and we can take the discussion from there and get into all the details. That is what I would like to do, because I think it would be the most efficient.

Do you have objections to that?

RS: Ok, you don’t have time, and I don’t have time. I’m a busy man like you. I’ve got nine kids and three book deadlines to meet, on top of coaching two basketball teams. The reason I gave you the Michelson-Morley experiment to explain first is that your answer will tell us exactly how you approach this whole issue. I consider it a test for you, Regner. I don’t know anything about you other than you came on board this discussion group. Hence, not to accuse you now, but if I see you fudging with the evidence of the first challenge I give you, I can safely assume you’re going to do the same with the other four challenges I have, and thus it’s not worth my time. I’ve been through this many times before with naysayers, and I’ve been teaching for 35 years, enough to know when someone is just being obstinate and when someone really has solid objections. I want to see which one you are.

And practically speaking, if you’re involved in an intense discussion with Allen, and as you say below, "I am sorry that I don't have time to take on more than one discussion at a time, but that is how it is," then my suggestion is not to ask for more than you can handle by insisting that I give you four challenges instead of one. Obviously, as is now the case with Allen, when you give your answer to the first challenge, I’m going to come back with questions and objections for you, and we are going to go round and round on it until it is exhausted, which may take months. So why would we want to clog up the works with four other challenges that are going to require the same intensity? It doesn’t make sense to me.

For the record, the other challenges I was thinking of giving you but held them back in order to see what you would do with the first challenge, involve such things as: (1) center of mass; (2) parallax and retrograde motion; (3) centrifugal and Coriolis forces; (4)Arago, Hoek, Airy telescope results; (5)Maxwell’s equations; (6)quasars, gamma ray bursters, etc; (7) the Sagnac experiment; (8)false proofs of relativity; (9) difficulties with a rotating and translating earth, and many other such issues.

But again, they are all superfluous if we can’t get to first base with the first challenge. This is the most reasonable approach, and I hope you will agree.

Robert Sungenis

Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new Yahoo!7 Mail now.

Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new Yahoo!7 Mail now. --0-1451643628-1198252553=:98683--